Friday, August 31, 2007

Tis True

I can see now that the designation, the validation, the ceremony, the habit, the being set apart and maybe even respected and known for the life one is to lead if a consecrated eremitic, is all very important. It is a good for a diocese to have hermits who they offer as a sign of that life.

But this is not what God is allowing in my life, here. Maybe some day, but I doubt it. Here the eremitic life is not viewed, or else I am not viewed, as necessary in that particular structure. My spiritual father called, and I explained how much pain I am in, and this not only physical but Catholic pain. I said they are not taking my vocation seriously, and yet God continues to slice away, heading me deeper into my dual vocations.

He says he supposes not, that they don't take it seriously. But if God does, then I must, too.