Monday, June 4, 2007

Heartache

The heart aches and pains yet. It makes it difficult to breathe, or at least gives the sensation.

I told the confessor a secret that only my spiritual father has known, and one priest no longer with us as priest. I'm not sure if it is the cross that is causing the heart to hurt these past couple of weeks, or if it is otherwise. All suffering is connected to Christ, whether we recognize this fact or not. So, it is the cross imbedded deep within.

My new friend, Elizabeth, understood the indwelling of the Trinity, deep within. Perhaps Our Lord is reminding me of His presence, deep within? I think this is so.

And I rest, for St. Arsenius also said: Fly; be silent; rest.

I am resting in the pain today, and the pain is Jesus Christ crucified.

Later, I will move about and work up energy, which will help ease the suffering. But for now, there is too much suffering and not enough breath, to "do."

Lord, I breathe you in and out in
deep in love and out in pain
Indwelling God of love and
dying for love of three in
One and me in All.