Saturday, May 26, 2007

Guests

Guests are coming to Agnus Dei Hermitage. A couple who has expressed desire to see the place are coming after the 5 p.m. Mass, the Vigil of Pentecost.

Today I wrote, prayed in the mind, went to noon Mass, spoke to cousin who called on phone, and have been trying to tidy the library.

Since I gave away most if not all serving dishes, I am wondering what to put the black beans in to serve to the guests. We are having rice artichoke salad, potato salad with lots of celery, and black beans with cilantro and cheddar cheese--and maybe some tomatoes added. I am using whatever is here, for the parking lot at the grocery disinclined my thought to go in.

Why do I balk at praying the Morning Office? Today is the Feast of St. Philip Neri. Thankfully, I did pray the morning office after noon Mass. I wrote of St. Romuald's Rule to the spiritual da, and it helped focus to persevere in reading and praying.

Now, back to more tidying, and setting the table, and figuring out what to put which salad in--maybe having to put the rice and potato salad side-by-side in a large bowl. Now I'm thankful that I purchased the pottery ware. God provides for a lovely setting for guests, few they be, but guests. So unused to cooking and readying for guests.

May God be praised and glorified. The priest reminded us all at noon Mass to focus on the Lord Jesus Christ and not to admire people we think are holy. Ah yes, just the other day I had admired this priest immensely for his holiness, meekness, steadfastness, and abilities. But he is a mere sprinkle of light from Christ.

I am trying to pray much more for those with problems and with whom I've had negativity. I am practicing viewing myself as nothing, as far less than anyone; and everyone is far superior to the likes of me. It is true; and it is a start, at least, to try to learn some meekness, ala St. Alphonsus Rodriguez.

Now, back to tidying and readying for the two guests for supper, as I so want to arrive at Mass early to pray and to read a bit more of Hildegard de Bingen's life.